Al Mollabashy, M.D.
Dr. Al Mollabashy was raised in Wabash, Indiana. He completed his Bachelor of Arts, in Biology at DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana. Upon graduation from DePauw, he attended Indiana University School of Medicine, and received his M.D. in 1994. He went on to complete a General Surgical Internship at the Methodist Hospital of Indiana.
After Internship, he completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and his Orthopaedic Oncology Fellowship at the University of Florida Health Science Center in Gainesville, Florida. His fellowship experience focused on the treatment of children and adults with benign and malignant, bone and soft tissue tumors. He has vast experience in the treatment of patients with sarcoma, metastatic bone disease, use of radiofrequency ablation, pelvic and extremity reconstruction, and avascular necrosis.
Dr. Mollabashy has served as academic faculty at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, and as Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Musculoskeletal Oncology at the University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida. He has practiced in Dallas, Texas since 2004.
Dr. Mollabashy is certified by the American Board Orthopedic Surgery. He is a diplomat of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He has an appointment as Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UT Southwestern School of Medicine. He has been selected by D Magazine as “Best Doctors in Dallas” for 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Away from work, Dr. Mollabashy spends time with his two daughters and wife. He enjoys travel, exercise and reading historical fiction.
- Outpatient Clinic
- North Dallas, Greater Dallas Orthopaedics
- Baylor University Medical Center: Inpatient, adult
- Baylor University Medical Center at Uptown: Inpatient/Outpatient, adult
- Children's Medical Center Dallas/Legacy: Inpatient/Outpatient, pediatric, adult
- Medical City Dallas Hospital: Inpatient/Outpatient, pediatric, adult
- Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas: Inpatient/Outpatient, adult
- Parkland Memorial Hospital Dallas: Inpatient/Outpatient, adult
Indiana University School of Medicine
Methodist Hospital of Indiana, Indianapolis, Indiana
Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Baylor Medical Center at Uptown, Dallas, TX
- Children's Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Medical City Dallas Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas, Dallas, TX
- Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Benign and Malignant Musculoskeletal tumors in children and adults
- Benign Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors
- Malignant Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors
- Metastatic Bone Disease
- Complex Reconstructive Surgery
- Revision joint replacement- hip, elbow, knee, shoulder
- Treatment of infected total joint replacement
- Treatment of osteomyelitis, bone, and soft tissue infection
- Surgical treatment of metabolic bone disease
- Paget's disease, Gaucher's disease, osteoporosis
- Treatment of metastatic bone disease
- Limb salvage
- Treatment of nonunions
- General Orthopaedic Surgery
- Primary Joint replacement
- Hip, knee, shoulder, elbow
- Fracture Treatment
- Large volume of hip fracture surgery
- Fracture around joint replacement
- Complex fractures around joints requiring replacement
- Avascular necrosis